The weekend of April 12-14, 2019 will forever be known as “K-Pop’s Holy Weekend” The Kings and Queens of 3rd Generation K-Pop just had their biggest weekend in the U.S, making them the first K-Pop artist to conquer the American tv media, airways, and live performances, as well as breaking history records.
Let’s begin with BLACKPINK.
They recently released their comeback titled “Kill This Love”, which took over K-Pop world by storm. In just 24 hours, their music video received 56.7 Million views, making them the first K-Pop female group to break the 24 hour YouTube record.
Here is another list of records they have broken:
-“Kill This Love” is the fastest music video to reach 200 Million views [11 days, 18 hours, and 50 mins]
– First K-Pop female group to reach No.46 spot on Billboard Hot 100
– First K-Pop female group to reach No.24 spot on Billboard 200
– First K-Pop female group to perform at Coachella
Now with BTS.
It feels like BTS is breaking records every day, but here is the top record BTS made. They became the first K-Pop group to reach 74.6 Million views in just 24 hours, with their MV “Boy With Luv”.
Here is another list of records broken:
– Fastest K-Pop group to have a music video reach 100 Million views on YouTube
– First K-Pop group to perform at Saturday Night Live
– May soon be the first K-Pop group to have a third album reach No.1 on Billboard 200
With all certainty, we can say this was the biggest weekend in K-Pop history we have ever seen.